Elemental Zone Forum
Visit us at www.ezsystemrepairs.com Smile

Cheap, but good Steamgames

Go down

Cheap, but good Steamgames

Post by Varileztra on Tue May 14, 2013 5:36 am

In this thread you can introduce some cheap, but fun Steam games.

And i will do the start:

R.U.S.E is avaiable for 10€.

It´s a strategy game from 2010. As in almost every strategy game you gotta build up a base and try to crush your enemies. Therefor you have tons of possibilities with pros and cons.

I myself love artillery. Mostly I play the Russians, cuz they have a really strong artillery. This makes me able to destroy enemy units over half of the map on a very large map or the enemy base directly on a very small map. I also am pretty strong against aircrafts, since the artillery base also can recruit AA guns, which i can hide in forrests or small towns, to make them invisible to the enemy, when he doesnt have any recon troos around.

In addition i am building tons of administration buildins. They give me 1$ every 4 seconds and cost 100$ each. And i already did the math - one admin building needs 6 minutes to refund itself. In the end i have like 12 admin buildings and like 150 katyuscha (Katyuscha

This makes me very strong on long range and i have enough money to get new troops. The problem is, that IF the enemy gets through with some heavy tanks, i have lost. Or if he comes through early in the game, cuz as i said, those admin buildings need time to refund themselves.

On the other hand, a tank-only player has lost, when his opponent has some anti-tank guns hidden in forrests and stuff.

To make it more complex every player gets a new R.U.S.E from time to time. These allow you to put some special effect on a sector, like forcing your troops to stop communication, which makes them invisible to the enemy, or a spy, to see what troops the enemy has exactly, because troops, that arent seen directly, are shown as a chip, so you only know if it´s a heavier unit or a normal soldier. But there again is a R.U.S.E, that allows you to flip those around, so it might seem like the enemy comes with like 20 soldiers, but the truth is, that he comes with 20 Heavy Tanks.

- Vari

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum